Friday, April 17, 2015

Let the future come


My right eyelid droops, always has. Have a nice dent in the left corner of my mouth from where I was bitten by a dog. Age is making it deeper. Lots of silver hair coming in these days. Scars run up and down my legs from various accidents involving barbed wire, a chainsaw and a few motorcycle wrecks. I’m no model but still have a pretty rocking bod for someone my age. It moves me from point A to point B with good speed.
The best part is what is happening on the inside. I am as strong as fuck. My imagination is big and my heart is even bigger. I’ve got a few hard edges but that's ok. Deep inside, I am refined... but more often than not, the girl who grew up hand-fishing in the lagoons and backwoods waterways with a can of skoal in her hip pocket wins out. I adore swearing and enjoy my character defects probably more than I should. If you do right by me, I am the woman who will ride shotgun with you through the heavy rounds of artillery. And if you're not careful, I'll haunt you in your sleep.

And here I find myself.

I still have some moves. I’m not done yet. Where I am headed, I haven’t a clue. Like my dad said, be curious about it, hold it loosely and let the future come.

"I'm all about traveling and going crazy places even if it has the potential to kill me. I do it with ambition and if I'm cuttin' it close, I know I'm doin' things right."


No comments:

Post a Comment